Friday, February 13, 2015

$$$

One of my favorite times visiting Coe was during Scholar's Weekend - not only was campus swarmed by other prospies (prospective students) which was awesome, but all the faculty and staff were just waiting to meet us. Campus was so welcoming and inviting, that I immiediately felt comfortable despite my 3 different scholarship interviews.

I practiced answering interview questions with my dad and guidance counselor for weeks leading up to my official scholarship interviews, but nothing could have prepared me for how laid back and easy the interview was. All of my interviews quickly turned into conversations and when I left, I felt excited about everything we discussed and I know I could've just kept talking to the interviewers for hours. Even the departmental interview with only faculty members went very smoothly and I knew that I had chosen the right course by the time we concluded.

About a week later, I was told that I won a Diversity Leadership Scholarship and it was the best news I had gotten since I found out I was accepted to Coe!

This year, I am on the other side of the table and get to interview potential Kohawks for the DLS and Distinguished Trustee scholarships. It's been really enlightening to meet tons of new prospies and hear more about them. Being able to interview my potential classmates is so rewarding and it feels awesome that the admissions staff trusts me to know what kind of qualities and experiences shape into a great Kohawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment