Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Original Cinnamon

Fun fact: I'm named after my mother, so when she comes to visit it is extra spicy on campus ;)

A couple weeks ago, I was lucky enough to have my mom and sister fly out to visit me for Family Weekend! They traveled all the way from Colorado Springs, CO to hang out with me for the weekend and I could not have been more excited. My older sister has never been to Iowa and it was awesome to watch her experience Coe and the Midwest for the 1st time.



My parents switch off coming to visit me for Family Weekend, so last year my dad came & my mom has visited me twice - once freshman year and again, this year. It's awesome to have a chance to share Coe with them especially considering how far away Colorado is! Coe puts on tons of events for the families and a home football game always happens to fall on that Saturday which is well-attended by all the football-lovin' dads & brothers. 


I would have to say the best part about having my mom in town was all the shopping trips we took  - my mom, sister, and I went shopping in Des Moines, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids! Plus she hooked me up with a fridge full of food! Now that it's passed, I can't wait for next year when my dad will come to visit (plus my snack supply has since been depleted). 

No comments:

Post a Comment